The Higher the Heel, the Closer to God
It has been a week of fending off requests from incredibly rich and famous celebrities, Nobel Prize laureates, the greatest writers, mathematicians, and physicists of our age, emails coming in four times an hour—"Please, please allow this unbelievably brilliant environmental scientist to personally curate a Golden Record to send into outer space!" "Caleb and Shelby, this former President of the United States needs to guest on the show this week, it's incredibly important." "You guys, we will give you a quarter of a million dollars if you allow this star of a classic '90s sitcom to talk about The Culture™️ with you in order to reinvigorate his career."
We said no to all of them. And we did it for you, the listener.
Caleb and Shelby sit down for another episode of just the two of them. They sing a little, they preach a little, the cry a little, they bark a little. They talk their evolving living situations, some of their own Golden Record picks and Delete-Its, and some of YOUR Golden Record picks and Delete-Its.
- The feeling of finding a four leaf clover
- The music of Spider-Man: Turn off the Dark
- Dogs with Frito feet
- Shrek 2
- Auntie Anne’s in the airport
- Fergie singing the American National Anthem
- Mariah Carey singing "All I Want for Christmas is you" live
- Ranch dressing
- Dollar General brand mac and cheese
- Couture fashion (not Juicy Couture)
- The feeling of being so happy to see your friends that you cry
- Getting stoned and drinking coffee
Follow the show @keepingrecordspod
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.